Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon cpu/dsp emu issue?

On 01/28/2016 07:37 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 28/01/2016 18:23, Thomas Huth a écrit :
On 28.01.2016 18:00, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 28/01/2016 17:05, Douglas Little a écrit :
Only polling is used. TimerC on CPU side is used for measuring MIPS
using fixed number of DSP operations - but the DSP communications are
all manually done via host port.

good, one less possible cause of trouble :)

Any DSP program shows this.  Attached are three 4k ones.

I currently don't have time for checking ... but looking at the code in
m68k_run_2ce(), I basically see the following sequence:
So isn't currcycle always 0 when DSP_Run is called? Sounds like either
the "currcycle = 0" should be done later, or the disabled, second
DSP_Run() should be used instead?

That was a good catch, just commenting it away got
programs working.  With it, I guess only interrupt
/ exception handling added CPU cycles count for
the amount of stuff DSP would be run.

Yes, I rolled back the use of DSP_CyclesGlobalClockCounter, but it seems
I forgot to also comment "currcycle = 0" in that case :(

It seems to be in several cores (at least 030 and 040).

I will change this tonight and do more tests.