Re: [hatari-devel] (Missing) TT SCSI emulation problems

Am Mon, 7 Sep 2015 20:53:06 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I see your point, this is quite a tricky issue. All in all it's mostly
> about convenience. Besides me there were also one or two users who
> stumble upon HDDRIVER hanging when SCSI devices are not switched off
> in the configuration. That's why I wonder whether one can do something
> about it. As far as I am concerned I can live with patching Hatari (my
> local sources).
> I don't see any other solution than the one proposed. On the other
> hand (I think you already mentioned this), a patched TOS might do the
> trick. One could argue that TOS 3.06 is broken because it accesses
> the SCSI bus even if there is no SCSI hardware.

Patching TOS sounds at least better to me than doing a special solution
for HDDRIVER. Have a look at tos.c - Hatari is already doing quite a
bit of TOS patching there ... anyway, properly implementing SCSI is
certainly still the best solution.

> Anyway, there is no need for any immediate action. Are there any
> volunteers who are going to implement SCSI/DMA for Hatari? ;-)

I once started to hack on this issue, but never got very far (see the
Ncr5380_* functions in hdc.c). Additional, for the TT, we're lacking
emulation of the second MFP, so SCSI for Falcon might be easier to
do first.

I recently noticed that WinUAE has now NCR5380 emulation, too. Maybe we
could borrow some code there... Want to have a try?