Re: [hatari-devel] (Missing) TT SCSI emulation problems

Am Sun, 23 Aug 2015 20:18:10 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> In the TT emulation, when launching HDDRIVER or CBHD in their default
> configurations both drivers take a very long time to initialize. CBHD
> even seems to be hanging forever. This is because they try to access
> the TT's SCSI chip and even though this chip is not (at all?)
> supported by Hatari, there does not seem to be a bus error when
> accessing its registers. As a result the drivers assume TT SCSI is
> supported, they try to test for devices and are blocked in some
> timeout loops. I guess there is a reason why the TT emulation does
> not just throw a bus error as long as the SCSI chip is not emulated.

I don't remember clearly, but I think there were some other issues when
using bus errors for this memory region on TT. Did you try it?
I think at least TOS 3.0x will likely fail since it does not expect an
bus error here and thus likely needs to be patched.

> Why is this so, and what about a startup (command line is sufficient)
> option that disables the SCSI chip emulation in TT mode?

That could be an option ... or is there maybe a simple way to emulate
just enough of the SCSI chip to fake a "there is no device at this bus"
signal for the HD drivers?