Re: [hatari-devel] OS X menu items and shortcuts

Le 08/06/2014 23:59, Bob Carpenter a écrit :

The value in my cfg file is 0 for AviRecordVcodec. However, when I look
through the OS X interface, it was set to BMP. I assumed Hatari would
default to PNG when it detected the PNG library on my system. That was
not the case. When I set the option to PNG, the file size went down from
20GB to about 13GB. However, it was still much larger than M4V and the
index was still seen as corrupt.

Hatari doesn't default to png, because on slow system compressing with png can make emulation really slow. You need to choose yourself.

If you have disk space and want to record in real time with as little overhead as possible, use bmp (but beware the filesize). If you have a rather recent CPU, use png : you will loose some CPU, but you will also save some disk bandwidth + space, which overall can give better results than bmp.

You are correct that it was recorded in BMP format with zooming. My
screen is set to 832x576. How do I remove zooming? Do I simply set the
resolution to 320x200 instead of 832x576? Normally, I have the screen
zoomed because 320x200 is far too small when my Mac’s resolution is
1920x1080.

From the screen option, I must admit it's really complicated to understand. I still miss a simple "zoom x1 or zoom x2" as we had some times ago IIRC (now, you need to do the math yourself, taking into account borders size).

Start Hatari from the command line with "-z 1" option. You will get a non-zoomed window, much faster to encode when recording video (you can still zoom the window with OSX's own zoom).