Re: [hatari-devel] OS X menu items and shortcuts

Jerome,

After only using it for a few minutes, I see the side effects. There are two problems:

1. For non-system keystrokes, the keystroke is sent to OS X and Hatari. Therefore, Shift-Cmd-A not only opens the box for inserting a disk in drive A, it also starts video recording as well. Where there is not a conflict, you get the OS X command (Cmd-, for Preferences) and you get a system sound as if you pressed a key in Hatari.

2. The bigger problem is that Cmd-M is taken over by OS X and minimizes the window. The mouse is no longer captured. The mouse capture shortcut would have to be changed from Cmd-M. From the last time this came up, I know that would be a very unpopular decision.

After seeing this, I remember the problems now. I am wondering if we should simply remove the keyboard shortcuts from the File menu. The shortcuts on the Emulator menu appear to work as designed. Are those Hatari keyboard shortcuts and not part of the OS X interface? Leaving the File shortcuts there make it seem like they should work. I am also wondering why the stop animation capture menu item does not actually stop the video capture.

Bob C