Re: [hatari-devel] OS X performance problem

On May 30, 2014, at 4:11 AM, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> if led is refreshed less often to reduce slowdown, then you don't get the blinking effect.

Nicolas,

Thank you. That makes sense. Losing the blinking light is a small price to pay in order to get the status bar back and functional on OS X.

>> @Nicolas - I tried Lethal Xcess in STE mode and whether I had the
>> blitter turned on or not, I had the flickering effect.
>
> It works quite often for me ; can you try to change line 786 in mfp.c and put :
> TimerClockCycles += rand()%5-2
>
> This could improve the calibration.

I did change the code and it did make Lethal Xcess work in STE mode with the blitter on. Based on your earlier comments, I realize this does not mean it will work every time.

@Jerome - If you are too busy, could you post your OS X interface changes to Dropbox? It would be great if they could make it into 1.8 but I realize that life can get in the way of Hatari. :)

Bob C