Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari floppy drive detection with EmuTOS

Le 16/01/2014 03:52, David Savinkoff a écrit :

I looked at a floppy disk drive specification and found that, on that drive,
index pulses were logically inhibited when the 3.5" floppy was ejected.

Note that a 3.5" floppy disk is locked to the floppy drive spindle in one
position only (unlike 5.25" disks).

So I guess you cannot expect index pulses from a 3.5" drive when there
is no floppy case present.

David

Hello

just for the record, here's a page with photos of the sensor using Hall effect to measure the rotation speed of the motor.

There's one fixed Hall receiver on the drive, and one small magnet on the rotating part of the motor. Each time the magnet comes in front of the Hall receiver, an index is detected.

http://www.cybench.co.uk/salv/hall/hall2.php