Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari floppy drive detection with EmuTOS

Le 16/01/2014 01:09, David Savinkoff a écrit :
Note that to detect index pulses you normally need one drive, but also
one floppy in it.

On 3.5" drives, the index is in the drive. Thus, no floppy is required.

Are you sure of that, do you have some tech doc on this, datasheet for a particular model ?

This would explain a lot of things, but I think I read on the contrary that many drives (not 3.5'') had internal index, while the 3.5'' relied on the one present on the floppy (and as far as I understand their code, the IPF library that emulates the WD1772 also assumes index on the floppy)