Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari floppy drive detection with EmuTOS

Le 15/01/2014 20:49, Roger Burrows a écrit :

2) Only drive A connected
   Time to detect presence of drive A: 258
   Time to detect absence of drive B:  153

I looked at my docs again and the step time for step rate 0x03 is actually
3msec: 3*255 = 0.765 seconds = 153 ticks!  Again drive A is spinup time.

Regards,
Roger

Hello

in that case, we can see that drive B doesn't wait for spinup, because it was already made on drive A.

Do you have the possibility to test this on a real ST :
 - connect drive A and disconnect drive B as above
 - but in the drive detection test, test drive B first, then drive A.

I'd like to know the delay you get in that case where spinup is made first on the disconnected drive.