Re: [hatari-devel] IKBD regression with EmuTOS

On 10/02/2013 19:53, George Nakos wrote:
I haven't taken a look at the EmuTOS sources in years, so I'm not sure
how  it's  handling the IKBD reset, but I do know that if you send any
command  during  the  IKBD  reset (i.e. within 300ms after issuing the
reset  command)  it  gets ignored. Maybe there's a deliberate pause in
EmuTOS?

Proof:  http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=60836,  which  I  debugged for
!Cube.  He  was  doing  what  I  described  above, so his "kill mouse"
command  was  being  ignored  by  real hardware, while it worked ok on
STEem (and possibly hatari).

Hi,

The problem is more complex, most commands will be ignored during a reset, but some specific commands ($12, $1a, $8, $14) can put the ikbd in a different state if you send them during the reset before receiving the $f1 byte.

I tried to document this by looking at the ikbd's code, but it's not that clear when studying the HD6301 disassembly code and I haven't fully found all the cases.