Re: [hatari-devel] IKBD regression with EmuTOS

On 08/02/2013 17:40, Vincent Rivière wrote:

I encountered this bug on the current Hatari HG with EmuTOS, too.

Whatever emulated hardware / speed / CPU core / etc.:

- When Hatari is just started, the keyboard and mouse do not work in
EmuTOS.

- After using Reset in the Hatari UI, everything works fine.

Any hint will be welcome.
If there is a bug in EmuTOS, it has to be fixed before the upcoming
release.
However, we never experienced such behaviour on other hardware/emulators.

Hello

looking at the reset sequence, I see emutos is resetting acia by writing 0x03 and 0x96.
It then sends the following bytes to the ikbd : $80, $01, $1a, $12.

This resets the keyboard and sends $1a and $12 *during* the reset, which put the ikbd in a mode where it reports both mouse and joystick. Is this really intended ?

But the main problem could be that after the ikbd reset, you will receive a byte $f1, which will also set the RDRF bit in the acia. But from what I see, you never read $fffc02 in that case after the reset, which mean subsequent bytes will be rejected (because an overrun situation will be detected by the acia).

Can you describe what emutos is supposed to do to handle this $f1 byte ?

When comparing with tos 1.04 for example, it sends only $80 and $01 and read $fffc02 to clean the RDRF bit.