|Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari for MiNT|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari for MiNT
- From: Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 18:36:14 +1300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=u6+MQzk/kRjbt/EC7aDAWwh6fUbEd2kBdTwW543D3eI=; b=gEyxfehWgAFzhPPDVyLlGmXxkfDKns2cQ7yLL5e0IMohlE8tfMSN2rsMVwVGlf+R4V QL74Y84nV5zNUBv7PRq9tW2Aw7HlV71qoGW6s3ZD6lU8DCBi+A5AnivEkzKpEkRSKwFW sQ/ql/lXHcJFiEWY06mWSx4Om2SPJ2Ftga8Z+tgCP3iz1DQVp3DJ9mLUzycSLzTIeCS/ gz06kqf9/dyDQog01hpJz5cZlv7yiZCLsc4DkDtfU78BkPkyujkYbUcw29DmSq6Ecfs3 SyRfPv8E4xKeo8AaZpuubaUWPEaN9FIVF1X8ZRaWxvWXjV4QPiz9tKMURlhw4BwwGmVN M3cA==
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM, Vincent Rivière
> On 19/10/2012 13:31, Eero Tamminen wrote:
>> RS232 code uses a helper thread (doing constant SDL_Delay() and
>> fgetc() polling when it's enabled). Threads might be problematic
>> on MiNT, depending on how the threading stuff in SDL is implemented
>> for MiNT.
> Very possible.
> I'm not even sure that I compiled SDL with thread support at all.
> However, except keyboard issues (well known in SDL for MiNT), it works
> perfectly and fast in full screen. About 20 or 25 FPS, IMHO.
> There is only trouble with XaAES, running in a GEM window. Hangs when moving
> the mouse, etc.
> Vincent Rivière
if its the latest version of SDL (v1.12.15) then I am pretty sure that
thread support was removed to m68k-atari-mint this year simply because
"proper threading" was not implimented. SDL dev list archive have a
patch to that effect (sry no exact link)
Nokturnls' SDL work for Falcon may provide for threads tho.
BTW the patch was minimal so adding it back should not be an issue.
SDL is after all designed to thread on platforms that do not have