Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari for MiNT

On keskiviikko 17 lokakuu 2012, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> On 17/10/2012 14:21, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > If CMake isn't a problem, what other MiNT target build problems
> > you're seeing for the latest Hatari version?
>
> I don't know. I didn't try to compile the latest Hatari sources for MiNT.
> I just wanted to know if the Hatari team was interested in supporting
> the MiNT/TOS target as it was in Hatari 0.50, because that was nice.

Why not.  Clean patches are of course accepted and dirty ones
will at least be discussed.  :-)

I don't think anyone has tried to cross-compile Hatari since
we switched to CMake, so detecting the right features from
the host's build system might be a problem.

Here's CMake documentatation on cross-building with CMake:
	http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling

At least on Debian Stable, the CMake platform files are in:
	/usr/share/cmake-<version>/Modules/Platform/

You might start by constructing your own Platform file
from the "Generic" and "GNU" .cmake files in there.

Potentially problematic CMake command constructs in Hatari sources
you can find with:
------
for cmd in try_ find_ add_custom_; do
	echo "COMMAND: $cmd";
	grep $cmd $(find -iname '*cmake*');
done
------

It can look at start a bit scary, but most of the custom commands
it shows are for creating manpages and cleaning up build results
which I would assume to work fine also in cross-compiling.

As to the built binary, I don't expect any particular issues.
Besides the few library dependencies, Hatari uses standard C & Unix
stuff which should work fine also on MiNT as long as SDL works fine.