Re: [hatari-devel] Larger mono resolution (was: reverting Max window size setting to Hatari v1.4 size?)

On keskiviikko 25 tammikuu 2012, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> > If you mean the VDI mode sizes, you can change the maximum from
> > src/includes/vdi.h file.
>
> Yes, but it would be nicer not having to patch the sources for that.

What max resolution you would prefer and what programs you would use with
this huge resolution?

Max resolution affects Hatari memory usage, so I'd rather have some
useful/reasonable limit for it.

Have you tested yet that TOS v3 and the apps actually work with it? :-)

For example Calamus 1.09 SL (1987) isn't stable with larger resolutions.
I think I also had problems 1991 demo of Calamus SE, whereas a demo of
2006 Atari version of Calamus doesn't work with only 14MB of RAM Hatari
supports.

> > May I ask for what kind of use-case you've thought for this?
> >
> > Aranym is typically used for GEM apps as it has better support
> > for MiNT (e.g. networking and MMU) and "Native Features"
> > acceleration for many things (VDI etc).
>
> Hatari works better for me, I use it as a development environment when
> improving HDDRIVER.
>
> I wonder whether upcoming versions of Hatari might support MagiC?

I don't think any of Hatari developers has MagiC.

> The last time I tried it did not work yet.

How the problems manifested?

> My guess is there are problems with the PMMU.

Does't some MagiC version work also on 68000 machines?  If yes,
Does that version work with Hatari?

There's "supposed" to be PMMU support for some of the WinUAE's
cores which Laurent has stated to be working OK for 030, but
I couldn't even enable it... (See my mail from few minutes ago)