Re: [hatari-devel] Larger mono resolution (was: reverting Max window size setting to Hatari v1.4 size?)

> What max resolution you would prefer and what programs you would use with
> this huge resolution?

1600x1200 and 1920x1200 would be fine. I would use Thing, different
editors (Pure C, Edison) and other with it. Actually any GEM program profits
from a bigger screen.

> Max resolution affects Hatari memory usage, so I'd rather have some
> useful/reasonable limit for it.

In monochrome

> Have you tested yet that TOS v3 and the apps actually work with it? :-)

Yes, I did some time ago.

> For example Calamus 1.09 SL (1987) isn't stable with larger resolutions.
> I think I also had problems 1991 demo of Calamus SE, whereas a demo of
> 2006 Atari version of Calamus doesn't work with only 14MB of RAM Hatari
> supports.

That's a problem of Calamus, but most GEM applications are
resolution-independent. Those that are not are buggy.

> > My guess is there are problems with the PMMU.
>
> Does't some MagiC version work also on 68000 machines?  If yes,
> Does that version work with Hatari?

The last time I tried it did not work. I will try again soon.

Best regards

Uwe