Re: [hatari-devel] Some more falcon programs running ... Build in obsolecsence is in the list :)

On keskiviikko 25 tammikuu 2012, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> Sorry, I also wanted to reply to this, but my mail was sent before.
>
> As I already explained, the MMU option is only for the 68040 CPU.
>
> For the 68030, it's included by default, with no special parameter.
> There's no parameter in the GUI for the 68030 MMU.

OK.  But why this:
	hatari --machine falcon --tos tos404.img

Outputs:
	CPU=68030, FPU=0, MMU=0, JIT=0.

Does that MMU refer also to 040 MMU?

> So, if you choose 68030 CPU (with the WinUae core of course), you've got
> the MMU by default.
>
> You can see that rainbow2 is working with the new core but bombs with
> the old one (it was the missing MMU).

It seems to have similar mouse issues as hextracker.

Although Rainbow2 works, X-tasie still doesn't work with WinAUE despite MMU.
It does some MMU instructions and then there's just black screen.

As to BIO, with old CPU it gives "Dsp: Stack Overflow or Underflow"
and crashes.  Works fine fine with WinUAE for me too.

I did some updates to the compat list and release notes (accidentally
both had "update compat list" comment :-/).

I would be nice if somebody on the list would have time to test whether
MiNT works now with memory protections.

> Maybe we should remove the MMU option in the GUI for now and allow it
> again when it works and when the 68040 is better emulated, but WINUAE
> core is experimental for now, as long as we don't switch to it for all
> the cores.

Please at least add "040" to that option name. :-)

	- Eero