|Re: [eigen] 3.2.0-beta1 released!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] 3.2.0-beta1 released!
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 19:39:14 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=gJb+o5u+6brE2jtK9i0/ivXEIBCz1BGGFQI+K4LYwF4=; b=L5MX6NQmQ62Fsrw+YnDxM+k5Gqk/m0uHy2kFWY+y4MbtENvgtnjqC5WJjSou3nxv/D afJjEEpMJIlnBqwlws2AqGBkQD7VMDMf1pVPyAIUQ2WFmVYL13GNxOWlrryfn40SIVFy DT+vl404+Zi6wN++yoeAwRrum15bOa8E+LMMcUbZZfZTaeo+JswhCufyRWto5f0cVVlX /iSCT1/ippL1milK2VQoRRRz4FpODFeggFuEh0UUrSMcvipvAmaXgUb07rcS+d2WLEcz jmhmZaSZK+p+AaW5Y2PiWlKFzC+URGDlGYsmn7UoWWmES1vDsq3JDLaso/FPTAEQiuT4 bxkQ==
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Sameer Agarwal <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I am not sure about the boost dependency. Don't get me wrong, I love
>>> boost and use it pretty much every day but imposing this quite large
>>> dependency on every Eigen user would be a quite big change. The main issue
>>> is that the individual boost libraries are not well self-contained and quite
>>> often result in depending not only on the part that you'ld lilke to use but
>>> also on a whole bunch of other boost libraries. We would also most likely
>>> all of a sudden introduce link dependencies whereas Eigen as it stands today
>>> is a header only library.
> Parts of Eigen already conditionally depend on external libraries, e.g.,
> SuiteSparse, why can't the dependency on Boost be made conditional too?
Thats's what I had in mind. The ordering method of SimplicialLDLT (and
the others) can be changed via the respective template parameter. So I
imagined a BGLSupport module that would provides new ordering