Re: [eigen] 3.2.0-beta1 released!

I am not sure about the boost dependency. Don't get me wrong, I love boost and use it pretty much every day but imposing this quite large dependency on every Eigen user would be a quite big change. The main issue is that the individual boost libraries are not well self-contained and quite often result in depending not only on the part that you'ld lilke to use but also on a whole bunch of other boost libraries. We would also most likely all of a sudden introduce link dependencies whereas Eigen as it stands today is a header only library.

Parts of Eigen already conditionally depend on external libraries, e.g., SuiteSparse, why can't the dependency on Boost be made conditional too?

Sameer