|Re: [eigen] 3.2.0-beta1 released!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] 3.2.0-beta1 released!
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 18:20:50 +0100
- Cc: Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=filldTF/qSCV4SyCqlEvRW/X8Nlix3f/c1F4GJEGfiw=; b=cdMtUGBrmHnHu5gZz773cGOcVCfU9r5XnFm1Q/6xZE5w2ceMfTXsAPjFsAIgj+AsEu d6ZQskhCYiJtO9XaJvA7sVJ15//D09uskjMa+jmvxmM9EtlgvQV3LE9Kdzez5dTizmVu eK7Zd1WEZ9ZJMGGMWedcL7dUVw7cycKMgjgUUSgrtz5nMSmQfxyDyYnv+nee7mmIJsjE GKI4QjKXVp8guc+VL7JHtuMrWeKBp6yDERIy54HsOkpYnBCjp88w5wTQFaH3OTFE1vPZ 1fi+ahgqXjgYk6A3sx6BsnHqHzVFJbtGEFG6IC+QwtzMQGOJ5cHlH6oKe+6x7LlfxDr3 ARRg==
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Sameer Agarwal <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, at the risk of sounding like an ingratiate I have a few questions.
> 1. I noticed that while the SparseLU and SparseQR modules are MPL2
> compatible, SparseCholesky is not. Is there any hope/plan to have a MPL2
> compatible sparse cholesky factorization in Eigen?
Rewriting the sparse Cholesky algorithm itself is not really
difficult. The main issue actually comes from the related approximate
minimum degree ordering algorithm which is LGPL too, and not funny to
re-implement. And a sparse cholesky solver without a good reordering
algorithm is quite useless.
> 2. Are these factorizations threaded? if not are there any plans on adding
> threading support.
Not yet, and no real plan for that.
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Eigen 3.2.0-beta1 has been released
>> today, on March 7, 2013.
>> The source archive is at:
>> This beta version introduces built-in LU and QR factorizations for
>> sparse matrices, a real-QZ factorization and a generalized eigen
>> solver for dense matrices, a new Ref<> class to ease writing generic
>> but non-template functions taking Eigen objects as arguments, wrappers
>> to the Metis and SuiteSparse QR libraries, as well as a couple of
>> minor enhancements and bug fixes.
>> Complete changelog: