Re: [eigen] 3.2.0-beta1 released!

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Sameer Agarwal <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, at the risk of sounding like an ingratiate I have a few questions.
>
> 1. I noticed that while the SparseLU and SparseQR modules are MPL2
> compatible, SparseCholesky is not. Is there any hope/plan to have a MPL2
> compatible sparse cholesky factorization in Eigen?

Rewriting the sparse Cholesky algorithm itself is not really
difficult. The main issue actually comes from the related approximate
minimum degree ordering algorithm which is LGPL too, and not funny to
re-implement. And a sparse cholesky solver without a good reordering
algorithm is quite useless.

> 2. Are these factorizations threaded? if not are there any plans on adding
> threading support.

Not yet, and no real plan for that.

Gael.