Re: [eigen] 3.2.0-beta1 released!

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Sameer Agarwal <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
an idea would be to connect to the boost graph library that include
various ordering algorithms (see section 22.12
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/libs/graph/doc/table_of_contents.html).

I think that is a great idea. On the other hand, it brings boost as a dependency :).
I suppose that is not so bad.

I am not sure about the boost dependency. Don't get me wrong, I love boost and use it pretty much every day but imposing this quite large dependency on every Eigen user would be a quite big change. The main issue is that the individual boost libraries are not well self-contained and quite often result in depending not only on the part that you'ld lilke to use but also on a whole bunch of other boost libraries. We would also most likely all of a sudden introduce link dependencies whereas Eigen as it stands today is a header only library.

So I am not quite sure ...

Regards,
Hauke