|Re: [eigen] 3.2.0-beta1 released!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] 3.2.0-beta1 released!
- From: Billy Araujo <billyaraujo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 18:06:38 +0000
- Cc: Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=1krLNCdEceptRcOScDqmhLjSnfyRErhefb2caVyEpcE=; b=nxoNATJuxNdIomFG+uEiBknbv1pEV06EN6jMEBxAG3dVM0SEryopJwXt3eDnpy2HU0 K+Tf5RMKvkXvDf7qnv+pUCyqnffE7PW7auywvvR2qLYjOkfjmiVCDxcsapoHLYQ6m71R sNZGx1VD+V60qZi5iCtLwZ2T4YvcaeJ4otQJlOi8F0q1hB2757G9DHW0xjGJ6/vKs+3K lwOf4HtQpyBtsWqnNEAE8rCRjnPcRV2z9Kn3YVAhkkP7VxiGVMIVtV0AIGlJ2oXJcG0S dpSo0JPZOmL54l9WKRl6mDW57s6/TExqh+mjb5id9pVRy0NX701tAn/Kzf2FEiTvzVIr FGoA==
If you make eigen depend on boost for this then there can be the
temptation to use other boost stuff and make eigen too dependant on
boost. I think boost is great but I actually like the idea that eigen
does not depend on boost.
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Sameer Agarwal <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
>> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Sameer Agarwal <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> >> Rewriting the sparse Cholesky algorithm itself is not really
>> >> difficult. The main issue actually comes from the related approximate
>> >> minimum degree ordering algorithm which is LGPL too, and not funny to
>> >> re-implement. And a sparse cholesky solver without a good reordering
>> >> algorithm is quite useless.
>> an idea would be to connect to the boost graph library that include
>> various ordering algorithms (see section 22.12
> I think that is a great idea. On the other hand, it brings boost as a
> dependency :).
> I suppose that is not so bad.