|Re: [eigen] Documentation : it's a sprint!!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Documentation : it's a sprint!!
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:29:32 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=14A3kM3UUq5Qyn/WesvYYiuFK2a8iMNstG+4pUqHkDc=; b=KFZhvK5XU4PiIaEml7f5MwHxviRsHs4tZX2LIWe0NHE8/DRshu5L2eWrSViCFlHESq E5rw+Bys86ZqzSl4SPzjxx/PvEa/RXexaodrJkgkhtv2CYqiXK2HWrGG8nNQoXVFSCsV WbToFTdQyLsPnwpJaCn63whJqTqUnqpjU9VwQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=gpvEB8/4Fcw0CBO9KHal2kutfab4gZESuSLAFRJmXN9QQDZPlmCch/jg0FBqqf3Oif oxLIaHsEKL4GJQC2ZVTnINRrYPZz7X4h1WcYGXp/SwYrf0PgPbpnkG1xu7z+QLN1WK3E BFwielGBo3e+162kU+HjGu6bsbx8KT/31wD0U=
nevermind, this C07_TutorialSparse.dox file is an old one...
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am starting with the reductions/visitors/broadcasting tutorial and just
> noticed that the sparse tutorial is named as C07_TutorialSparse.dox.
> According to the order in http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/ it should be
> C08 and C07 is to be the one I am doing. This is a silly question but just
> wanted to make sure we are all following the same conventions.
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
>> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx>
>> > Mmm I am trying to think of a straightforward explanation for this. What
>> > do
>> > you think about calling them fixed-size and dynamic-size blocks, where
>> > the
>> > former differs from the later because its size is known at compile-time.
>> a slightly more precise variant: "the latter are optimized versions of
>> the former when the size is known at compile-time." I just added the
>> word "optimized"
>> you might also have a look at the reference tables, section "Sub
>> matrices" to see how they are presented. The old version of this
>> section is available online there:
>> > On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx>
>> > wrote:
>> >> Yes, I got that and actually it was my mistake since I supposed that it
>> >> was only for fixed-size matrices, so now I am changing it.
>> >> Thanks,
>> >> 2010/6/27 Björn Piltz <bjornpiltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> >>> "The following tables show a summary of Eigen's block operations and
>> >>> how
>> >>> they are applied to fixed- and dynamic-sized Eigen objects."
>> >>> This quote and the following table gives the impression that the
>> >>> fixed
>> >>> size functions are only available for fixed size matrices. But using
>> >>> fixed
>> >>> size vs dynamic size functions acually only determin the return type..
>> >>> Björn