Re: [eigen] Eigen is slow with complex matrices

2009/10/20 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Mark Borgerding <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Good thing Rohit has ECC memory.
>
> :)
>
> Any way, I just want to point out that we had a big solve() API debate
> as well, where we decided that passing arguments by pointer is
> undesirable. So please avoid, if possible, pass-by-pointer in the
> public API. Internally of course, we can choose whatever calling
> convention seems appropriate.

Right, two remarks though:
- the results of that debate are only getting implemented now (see the
refactor_solve_api fork)
- the replacement needs to be decided on a per-case basis, sometimes
it's passing by reference,
 sometime it's returning a proxy ReturnByValue object...

so to make it short, just send in the sauce and we'll work on it
together. That shouldn't block the inclusion of FFT into our devel
branch.

Benoit