Re: [eigen] Eigen is slow with complex matrices

2009/10/20 Mark Borgerding <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 10/19/2009 10:10 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>>
>> 2009/10/19 Rohit Garg<rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>

>>> AFAIR, some work was done to add complex number support, compatible
>>> with std::complex. It is sitting in the FFT fork.
>>>

>> Good point, i had forgotten about it.
>>

> That's okay.  I forgot I wrote it. :)
> Good thing Rohit has ECC memory.
>
> FYI:  I had to look at the email I sent on June 17,2009.  It gave a bit of
> the background on what
> http://bitbucket.org/mborgerd/eigen2_for_fft/src/tip/unsupported/Eigen/Complex
> tries to accomplish.
>

>>>  What happened to it?
>>>

>> It's still there.
>>

> And it is separable from any of the FFT work.  It can be merged even if FFT
> is not.
>

> I'm not familiar with merging in hg.  Can anybody send me a link on how I
> can merge the eigen2_for_fft branch back into the main line?
> Do I even have permissions to do so?

Not currently, but you just need to ask for it :) It makes sense as
you're planning to keep maintaining that stuff, right?

You would then just make sure that your eigen2 and eigen2_for_fft
checkouts are up-to-date, and then do (my personal bias of pulling
instead of pushing):

cd eigen2
hg pull ../eigen2_for_fft

I don't think there should be any conflicts since you worked on quite
separate stuff. The pulling will presumably create a new head, so
you'll do:
hg merge

Check that everything looks good:
hg view