|Re: [eigen] Eigen is slow with complex matrices|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen is slow with complex matrices
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:08:28 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=iPYjqM5r7twj7A6qP+TnN6q7iJErwef8T3TXCi7RXPw=; b=fUasZlJe8ziLWv5sg82VHDFwedsB3XTsYnIEuWdn6UuV8oBxW8L4JXcmookH6etLAr e77Vef+7yf/0oV5rSTKPmnu6gH17ZBQTANbCKxZlP3RH2szkCzPtphXx0/yG313PzXzx ybVfrbG5QMXKFa7eQFW7nNUHuW7qd8RxGemfw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Ieler7H8eCDnZSM06k+UaVzq5UZ87VfIyeIh+f/3e9FSOAnkkihgCjpm4C1xevujR7 135gei2DudomG0605vGhnOi3k4hMRn1XzQ9ctHXcwSQvvCurlwUUvRuSoW8Di/VWMI30 xixnrRbhjPN3kWeZ4LZQMMLuXWCb4tIo8zxGU=
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Mark Borgerding <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good thing Rohit has ECC memory.
Any way, I just want to point out that we had a big solve() API debate
as well, where we decided that passing arguments by pointer is
undesirable. So please avoid, if possible, pass-by-pointer in the
public API. Internally of course, we can choose whatever calling
convention seems appropriate.
> FYI: I had to look at the email I sent on June 17,2009. It gave a bit of
> the background on what
> tries to accomplish.
>>> What happened to it?
>> It's still there.
> And it is separable from any of the FFT work. It can be merged even if FFT
> is not.
> I'm not familiar with merging in hg. Can anybody send me a link on how I
> can merge the eigen2_for_fft branch back into the main line?
> Do I even have permissions to do so?
> -- Mark
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology