|Re: [eigen] Statistics module|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Statistics module
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 14:49:13 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=KT9S1xiJ4JZzBxpR8AOSvBE2qfQAutMB+d7NfHk8VHI=; b=X6X3yy1WcH3NJLAML9q+L14jkedBa8OxT1GPW0s1yb9G8jhyIlGJMVxMXZ1SfDeEQQ VyyKqYfhciBkMEI4L8neoVoQ55ESlvknQFyWZnuDqEYeve+AOX1vt5CCmfG+kdyHcCc7 AIA0QqifkVtqVkcFfGlGt0LzqM544Q4htsHHg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=VDRtQNlOn7+qzRN/Uf992AsWZAY1KT8ZpXkkyKs80iFSa4XyCo/hJEw/emU9o5E7Ih eCfg5Z3533+AluZTRWCvNov4ckR/vDt4Mhkbnmj2GyI6r3AArDxSNsCTXuJzLs6B0jdh jUoXnWnasYi99kJLwFoiywKuMfLcr3iqX9LBc=
Thinking more about it.
It seems that in logsumexp() you rely on the rule
This is only true for the usual log of positive real numbers.
All determinations of the log on all open subsets of complex numbers,
fail to have this property.
2009/5/7, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> ah and i forgot an important point.
> Your patch adds ei_log for complex numbers. But that usually doesn't
> make a lot of sense, as there are multiple determinations. Before i'd
> accept that, i'd have to understand a very precise use case... check
> if you really need this or if it's just a matter of realizing that a
> certain complex number happens to be real positive.
> 2009/5/7 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>>> 2009/5/7 Márton Danóczy <marton78@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>>> thanks for your comment.
>>>> 1) How can I put it in unsupported, if MatrixBase and PartialRedux
>>>> need to be extended? Using EIGEN_MATRIXBASE_PLUGIN?
>>> The minimal part that goes into MatrixBase and in PartialRedux, stays
>>> there. But the rest, that is the files Statistics and Statistics.h, go
>>> in unsupported.
>>> Right now that looks a bit ridiculous to spread such a small module
>>> over 2 different places, but you mentioned it was intended to grow. If
>>> it were to stay this small, then we could consider just putting all
>>> that into, say, the Array module.
>> yes, I think the statistic module is aimed to be quite large, e.g., I
>> put some ideas in the todo list a while ago:
>>>> 2) Do you know where to find some information on how to perform unit
>>>> tests with MSVC?
>>> try this:
>>> but i don't know if you need to do something specific to MSVC.
>> I confirm, there is nothing special to do with MSVC: you compile from
>> the GUI and then run ctest manually from a shell in the build dir.