Re: [eigen] Statistics module

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/5/7 Márton Danóczy <marton78@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for your comment.
>>
>> 1) How can I put it in unsupported, if MatrixBase and PartialRedux
>> need to be extended? Using EIGEN_MATRIXBASE_PLUGIN?
>
> The minimal part that goes into MatrixBase and in PartialRedux, stays
> there. But the rest, that is the files Statistics and Statistics.h, go
> in unsupported.
>
> Right now that looks a bit ridiculous to spread such a small module
> over 2 different places, but you mentioned it was intended to grow. If
> it were to stay this small, then we could consider just putting all
> that into, say, the Array module.

yes, I think the statistic module is aimed to be quite large, e.g.,  I
put some ideas in the todo list a while ago:

http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Todo#Statistics_module

>> 2) Do you know where to find some information on how to perform unit
>> tests with MSVC?
>
> try this:
>
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Developer's_Corner#Running_the_unit_tests
>
> but i don't know if you need to do something specific to MSVC.

I confirm, there is nothing special to do with MSVC: you compile from
the GUI and then run ctest manually from a shell in the build dir.