|Re: [eigen] Statistics module|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Statistics module
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 20:22:33 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Z3eMV9K02nR1fLq+iMt4q1Vw8WYKpxiBtDBX4utk/zE=; b=TGUHXa0eipPgr/xnOpk9RJTXiNSJO74le1D2WiW7yv3PCU6SE8ZCRBWASPNWY5gTKG E7yt0I4c3zf+8aMkKqXrHRb1I0TkI1svorph9XBsE08MWTh9xlQhjTr4qdstPG47yq27 ScA4bVFHcBkYWWcQWp/V2wdpMFg1VqITm9N6g=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=bR99E6DNAId5Kl/xmV6h+hze+vAAiNjSU/uVRFstqEOTCGzegfldCbGRyEEAnlKe/r ojR4/+Iix4XiFRi1btfmqDxrOKd7Zcxc7vJBaNpthm+ZZNAMHElIG54ZyyATIKsREkgr wQFAG1b53o0sKtLIZLSIhpjeYjYem/5Av1YYI=
ah and i forgot an important point.
Your patch adds ei_log for complex numbers. But that usually doesn't
make a lot of sense, as there are multiple determinations. Before i'd
accept that, i'd have to understand a very precise use case... check
if you really need this or if it's just a matter of realizing that a
certain complex number happens to be real positive.
2009/5/7 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2009/5/7 Márton Danóczy <marton78@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> thanks for your comment.
>>> 1) How can I put it in unsupported, if MatrixBase and PartialRedux
>>> need to be extended? Using EIGEN_MATRIXBASE_PLUGIN?
>> The minimal part that goes into MatrixBase and in PartialRedux, stays
>> there. But the rest, that is the files Statistics and Statistics.h, go
>> in unsupported.
>> Right now that looks a bit ridiculous to spread such a small module
>> over 2 different places, but you mentioned it was intended to grow. If
>> it were to stay this small, then we could consider just putting all
>> that into, say, the Array module.
> yes, I think the statistic module is aimed to be quite large, e.g., I
> put some ideas in the todo list a while ago:
>>> 2) Do you know where to find some information on how to perform unit
>>> tests with MSVC?
>> try this:
>> but i don't know if you need to do something specific to MSVC.
> I confirm, there is nothing special to do with MSVC: you compile from
> the GUI and then run ctest manually from a shell in the build dir.