Re: [eigen] sse asin implementation

2009/3/31 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> As I said, there's at least one very useful function that's not yet
>> vectorized: pow.
>
> You are looking towards Packet4f pow(Packet4f a, Packet4f b) right?

Yes, exactly. Actually, I think that in most cases b would be just a
scalar, however if you implement the above, we'll get that by passing
a constant packet as b.

If it makes things faster / easier, I'd say don't hesitate to go for
Packet4f pow(Packet4f a, float b)
instead. This would then be called when the user does

result_vector = vector.cwise().pow(b);  // where b is a float.