|Re: [eigen] sse asin implementation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] sse asin implementation
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:17:37 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=c4QtTLiXm/kwsvOsChLlOnMSEilItiN3h78wRoUK69w=; b=QYueBmss3BhBPfHTE0Nx5KoL/pUIhlhUGVpRvVHl5u36CiBxVpohrfJ1rEjJIEUw38 J3ryuh/HinpY6W93LwxkAQUOjDsVNO7ZcdIIg3u43xABc6jWNUdIzny4Rwi3C0ArPjKV Q9lefPnc4AwScXaJYN+G2FDS8FbMXO97WaJ2g=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=LH0Sh+ElVR0qd9Rz+3hKytsfRkfm50NoA/eEGfogoUHFyLdyw8pHXpPex7NV0hDhTG NyDcj0SWfyHFwRasiOiOqydzH1hQ9hADZd2d9lCIj3zg4HILCq2F2QXh0Vf61eNMQQ9A huDOMiBeJQzHdO8WyQqZmPesXFRHdFgtVyL+U=
2009/3/31 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> As I said, there's at least one very useful function that's not yet
>> vectorized: pow.
> You are looking towards Packet4f pow(Packet4f a, Packet4f b) right?
Yes, exactly. Actually, I think that in most cases b would be just a
scalar, however if you implement the above, we'll get that by passing
a constant packet as b.
If it makes things faster / easier, I'd say don't hesitate to go for
Packet4f pow(Packet4f a, float b)
instead. This would then be called when the user does
result_vector = vector.cwise().pow(b); // where b is a float.
> Rohit Garg
> Senior Undergraduate
> Department of Physics
> Indian Institute of Technology