|Re: [eigen] sse asin implementation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] sse asin implementation
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:19:54 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=JYWjCwhTUeOkR3fQY8UsxCZtTNrLdArBSmPDgRVuwi4=; b=cY5o70fsP+fLkhUzMZ8N48uxl1g1QEk2sDFktEQT0eGDZACyTOF/YRVkS8iLoz8zF2 pLI/97O/y96sjPk5EM+yQd6dcK89wXYSw/oJHueEvDnAAXcrWWsSY85I/jREdMPVSNRt TjwGd9e10jLxQghrIhO6C51Q3oe5KMt+3fqFY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=jSC9nvPi8rfToJTM7uiOv8yDaOsKanuGtrGzt1v0h7ZZ38oNjcZPMLNMeXFXD0UT98 c5PcEgLTWL8zitCk0QC/n57v5U44Nk81xc0WR9jqbhycGj6NUA7yZXjFsqTc+seehXz7 1/8C8+N0u9ihMelNhSO2a0jcZMaHEpTiBdGNU=
2009/3/31 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/3/31 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> What is the motivation for vectorizing asin in Eigen? Do you mean for
>>> people who want a "cwise asin" on a vector? Do you have a use case for
>> Yes. The page on TODO says that transendental functions could be
>> vectorized and since recently sin, cos, log, exp for floats were
>> committed, I thought that eigen could do with other transcendental
>> functions as well. I was planning to implement more transcendentals in
>> the future, but if this is not useful, please tell me.
> Well, the TODO only mentioned very common functions like sin, cos,
> log, exp, for which use cases abound, for example, not long ago on
> this list, Jos Vandenoever had a use case for vectorized cwise sin or
> cos on vectors.
Sorry, I was wrong: the TODO does mention asin !
Well if Gael added that function I guess he had a reason... and since
you coded it I guess it doesn't hurt to add it!
I'll leave him handle your patch !