Re: [AD] Finding a solution to the Windows problem

So I think I've basically finished making something usable. Here it is:

https://github.com/SiegeLord/allegro_winpkg

This contains a 'universal' directory, which contains the upstream sources that have been slightly patched up by me (and including the newly built systems for the 5 aforementioned dependencies). With some manual work, you can build 32 and 64 bit dependencies with MSVC 2013 and Allegro through the use of the included scripts. In principle, same sources can be used to compile with the classical mingw, but I haven't tried (it'll definitely require new scripts). It doesn't quite create complete packages, but that's sort of a minor point I think (I'm personally happy to copy/paste things a bit).

The 'mingw-w64' directory contains the scripts needed to create the mingw-w64/msys2 packages for Allegro (msys2 already has all the dependencies in its repositories, so there's no need to build them ourselves). The 'release' package is set for 5.1.9 right now, but that is broken since I needed to modify the Allegro's build system to be able to find the DirectX dependencies... in practice, only 'git' package works without a hitch.

Once I try this out for the 5.1.10 release, I'm thinking of transferring that project over to SourceForge, to live alongside Allegro, if there are no objections.

-SL