Re: [AD] Allegro 4.4 resize window support

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Tobias Hansen <thansen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David,

setting the window state does not work on X yet. However there was
recently a discussion on toggling fullscreen on Linux in Allegro 5 on
this list ("Fullscreen problems on Linux"). This is not so easy to solve
on Linux. When a solution to this problem is found it should be useful
for both Allegro 4 and 5. But since these things are hard we should
maybe concentrate on toggling fullscreen and discard the idea to also
allow maximizing/minimizing etc. These are not really needed as this can
be done by the window manager.

Have you tested set_window_state() on Windows and/or Mac OS X?

If I remember correctly, the Windows port was working (maybe there
were some problem that I wasn't able to fix). The Mac OS X port wasn't
tested. I recommend you to remove set/get_window_state() at the moment,
and we can add just the resize logic, which is the most critical thing.

BTW, it seems your mails do not appear on the list. I think you have to
be subscribed in order to be able to post.

Thanks for that.

Cheers,
Tobias