Re: [AD] Fullscreen problems on Linux

Right, I feel developers are forgetting about games on Linux. If they kept games more in mind, then maybe Linux would actually start to get traction on the desktop, but no... Maybe we should protest a bit more, but I wonder if it would help any.

I was checking a bit if wayland/weston tried to solve better than X, this but it's just as bad really

See this comment on a port of xrandr to wayland:

"For standard applications, I believe the intention is that any modesetting they do will be done in a very controlled manner through the shell." --Jason Ekstrand

(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-February/013487.html)

So actually, things might even be worse. Mode setting will not be directly available without root permissions, and we'll have to beg the shell (window manager) to set the mode for us and hope that it really does mode set for us and not just
give us a full screen window in stead. Meh...

Kind Regards,

B.