Re: [AD] standard path updates

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5 Jan 2011, at 18:24 , Peter Hull wrote:
>> (bundle)
>> EXENAME_PATH: /Users/peterhull/Projects/allegro/patches/build/examples/GetPath.app/Contents/MacOS/ex_get_path
>
> So the only real question here, then, is whether this is what you'd normally expect to get for the "executable path" of an application bundle, or if you'd expect the path to the bundle itself.
> I can't think of many reasons for wanting the location of the bundle, but I can think of even fewer reasons for wanting the actual path to the executable within the bundle.
> Personally I would opt for returning the path to the bundle here.
I agree with Matthew that this should be the actual exe. It's a bit of
a push to think of a reason but... supposing the game had more than
one executable (e.g. client + local server) then they'd be in the same
directory (whether bundled or not) and you could get the location from
EXENAME_PATH.
> Thanks for picking this up, by the way. :)
Well, I'm only reviewing yours and Matthew's patches. Happy to be of
some small assistance!!

Pete