Re: [AD] standard path updates

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5 Jan 2011, at 4:35 , Matthew Leverton wrote:
>> On OS X, I tested it, but somebody should validate the code since I no
>> nothing about OS X development. It seemed to me that the global
>> osx_bundle was never set, so I changed a few things regarding that.
>
> See my patch from a few days ago (the one that sparked this debate). That contains a fix for that particular bug. We probably did more or less the same there (I didn't look at your patch yet).

I hadn't seen it (and still haven't looked at it). I'll let Peter H
compare the two if he has the time, since he's more qualified than I.

Basically, EXENAME should always point to the full executable path as
ran by the user (it's okay for it to be a symlink), and RESOURCES
directory should either point to the exe's folder (preferably
resolving symlinks to the true exe) or the resource folder in the
bundle. Prior to your patch, at least, it wasn't set up that way. I
think my patch does all that minus the symlink part.

The other locations should be self explanatory, especially since I did
away with the system data/settings locations. It would be nice if
there is an API call to get the users Documents folder (and if
somebody could plug that in). I just did a quick search and came up
with somebody saying there wasn't one, but that could have been old or
incorrect.

--
Matthew Leverton