Re: [AD] 5.0.0 final release plan

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Peter Hull <peterhull90@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just to repeat my question (unix and windows folks!), would changing
> getResource() in Game.cpp to use ALLEGRO_SYSTEM_DATA_PATH break the
> demo on other platforms?

In Windows, that location should be something like
c:\users\default\prog\, although I don't know what it returns. It
should have not be relative to the executable at all. (In fact, I
don't see why that location would be relative to the executable in any
path.)

A regular user cannot save into c:\program files\prog\. So
ALLEGRO_SYSTEM_DATA_PATH would be used to share data generated by the
program (high scores, etc) among different users. It is very unlikely
for a Windows program to ever use that location to load data that is
bundled with the program. I'm pretty sure almost all Windows programs
load data from the path relative to the exectuable.

--
Matthew Leverton