Re: [AD] Display options that aren't really options

On 9 June 2010 02:39, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wasn't aware that that would make a real difference to the hardware. Max
> texture size is max texture size is it not?

No one can say for sure. There is also OpenGL3+ which could
expose/hide some features...

Maybe we should allow requesting minimum bitmap size with:
al_set_new_display_option(ALLEGRO_MAX_BITMAP_SIZE, <value>, ALLEGRO_REQUIRED)
Then al_create_display() could give you D3D, OpenGL or some third
driver if you don't specify a flag. That would be neat. It's same for
some other options. After all, users should not care which driver is
being used as long as they get all the required features.

> Still aren't options regardless.

I agree. But that's just a little inconsistency.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net