Re: [AD] Display options that aren't really options

On 2010-06-08, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On June 8, 2010, Milan Mimica wrote:
> > Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > > I thought it would be a good enough solution to put things like
> > > ALLEGRO_MAX_BITMAP_SIZE as part of the display option api, but its more
> > > annoying than anything. when you call al_get_new_display_option, you
> > > have to pass a pointer to an int you're just going to ignore, and they
> > > seem to be documented under al_set_new_display_option which is
> > > slightly odd, since you can't actually set them.
> >
> > Makes no sense to use those with
> > al_get_new_display_option/al_set_new_display_option. Only with
> > al_get_display_otpion(). Documentation should reflect that.
>
> They still aren't options though. Not only that, they aren't per-display.

ALLEGRO_MAX_BITMAP_SIZE seems as much an "option" as, say,
ALLEGRO_STEREO or ALLEGRO_UPDATE_DISPLAY_REGION.  Perhaps we should
rename "option" to "param", but in principle I think it's okay.

ALLEGRO_MAX_BITMAP_SIZE could be per-display, couldn't it?  If your
displays are driven by two different video cards then that could differ.
Not that we support that at the moment, I don't think.

Peter