Re: [AD] native filechooser addon

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 14:23 +1100, Peter Wang wrote:

> Why not export the ALLEGRO_NATIVE_FILE_CHOOSER type that already exists
> internally?
>
>     ALLEGRO_NATIVE_FILE_CHOOSER *al_create_file_chooser();
>     void al_popup_file_chooser(ALLEGRO_NATIVE_FILE_CHOOSER *);
>     int al_get_num_chosen_filenames(ALLEGRO_NATIVE_FILE_CHOOSER *);
>     const char *al_get_chosen_filename(ALLEGRO_NATIVE_FILE_CHOOSER *, int);
>     void al_destroy_file_chooser(ALLEGRO_NATIVE_FILE_CHOOSER *);

I like that, changed SVN to this plus Evert's idea of making it a
blocking call, with the user taking care of threading, possibly like
demonstrated in the example. Speaking of which, I think we need to make
the docs clearer when you can call al_destroy_thread - I wasn't sure how
to do it right. Possibly we should to simplify the threading API.

> Btw, I prefer "picker".  After all, you can pick your nose but you can't
> choose your nose.  Except in Hollywood.

"FileChooser" (formerly "FileSelection") is what it is called in GTK. I
really would hate it to be called "FilePicker", so I went for
"FileDialog" like in Qt. I'm sure Thomas will approve of that name :)

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>