Re: [AD] Two custom mouse cursor patches

That's not a bad idea to try the generated Xcode project; it would
solve both problems. I'd like to see at least one program built as a
proper bundle though (and I think the demo is the best candidate for
that) Anyone know if cmake knows about bundles? The other issue is
universal binaries, can cmake do that automatically?

On bundles and frameworks, there's nothing magical about them, just
the structure, so you can build an app bundle or framework with mkdir
and cp if you want. You just need an info.plist for the app. The plist
contains the version info, icon name etc.

Frameworks are great for the system libs but IMO less use for 3rd
party apps. It's nice to keep the lib+headers all together (and
versioned), and it works nicely with XCode but for deployment you then
have to install the framework in some System-wide location (breaking
the "drag and drop install" concept) or use embeddable frameworks
which then means you are distributing the Allegro headers alongside
your app, which are useless. Also you to use frameworks you have to
#include <framework-name/header-name> thereby breaking cross-platform
compatibility. The best way, I think, is to static link the library
(and this is what Apple recommend too) Still, if it's what our
'customers' want, we can do it. Finally it seems to me that TH has a
bit of a thing about 'Unix'; he seems allergic to the whole idea of
/usr/local/include and he _is_ very persuasive on a.cc. Frameworks use
the same technology as 'unix' libraries, it's just the packaging is
different.

Pete