Re: [AD] Two custom mouse cursor patches

On 15 Sep 2008, at 08:36, Peter Wang wrote:
How are the XCode project files generated by CMake?  I only tried one
from the command line with xcodebuild but it seemed to work fine.

That's a good question, actually. I wonder if we can just tell people to run CMake to generate the XCode project file and then use that to compile? Presumably CMake will take care of setting up the library paths that need to be set up, so we don't have to figure out how to do this from XCode (CMake will have to set up demo.app though). On the other hand, MacOS X users may not like doing that. It's probably worthwhile to ask Thomas Harte on a.cc.

Questions related to the Allegro build system on OS X: does Allegro 5 actually compile as a so-called framework? I have really no idea why a framework is useful, but it seems to be the proper way to distribute libraries on OS X. Similarly, do we still have the tools to make application bundles? Presumably the procedure for doing this wouldn't be different from Allegro 4.2.

Evert