Re: [AD] Is al_set_mouse_range any useful?

There should be a built-in sequence of some sort to allow escape from al_capture_mouse, like the built in CTRL-ALT-END to kill Allegro, otherwise we're dependent on the developer providing one. Perhaps if the mouse hits the window edge while Scroll Lock is held down? Of course we'd allow the developer to disable or override this function, but at least there will be a default escape mechanism.

--Chris
----- Original Message ----- From: "Trent Gamblin" <trentg@xxxxxxxxxx> To: "Coordination of admins/developers of the game programming library Allegro" <alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: [AD] Is al_set_mouse_range any useful?

Elias Pschernig wrote:
So would it stop the mouse from moving? If not - how would it be useful?
If yes, how would you enable moving out of the window again?

I think we should have three functions:

al_set_mouse_range - clips values in both fullscreen and windowed modes
but doesn't stop the mouse from moving

al_capture_mouse - stop the mouse from moving outside the current range

al_release_mouse - allow the mouse to move freely again