Re: [AD] multiple windows

I reckon that if we imagine some typical 'usage scenarios' this will
allow us to steer the correct course between usefulness and
complexity.

On the subject of 'create_compatible_...' do we think that these will
be truly independent objects, or something akin to sub-bitmaps in the
sense that they are 'alternative representations' of the same data? In
other words, if you draw to a bitmap, will all the compatible versions
of it also change?

Pete

On 8/21/06, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 14:58 +0200, Milan Mimica wrote:
> Elias Pschernig wrote:
> >
> > Shouldn't need it. So this means:
> >
> > from_compatible_bitmap would be a method of AL_DISPLAY_DRIVER (or
> > however it will be named, maybe AL_DISPLAY_VTABLE), where the display
> > driver creates a 'video bitmap' from a memory bitmap.
> >
> > to_compatible_bitmap would be a method of AL_BITMAP_DRIVER (or
> > AL_BITMAP_VTABLE or whatever), where the bitmap creates a memory bitmap
> > copy of itself.
>
> These could just be named blit_from_memory, blit_to_memory... It's
> something we already have in 4.2. Then there would be driver independent
> functions like create_compatible_bitmap(AL_BITMAP*) which would be
> trivial to implement.

Makes sense.

--
Elias Pschernig