Re: [AD] multiple windows

That's why in my API proposal, you can only create AL_BITMAP based an
AL_DISPLAY (or another AL_BITMAP's AL_DISPLAY origin). That way, there's
no question as to who owns the bitmap. Cross-display blitting can also
trivially be disallowed this way.

GL contexts, for example, are not necessarily sharable (they often are
though). So if you create a texture in one of them, you can't
necessarily use it on another.

> In case we want Allegro to transparently handle this, each AL_BITMAP
> would possibly need a cached version of the bitmap for each AL_DISPLAY
> it is going to be used in. So I would say, this indeed will be too
> messy.

Yes, let's leave this to higher-level libraries like OpenLayer.

-
security?
> easier
Geronimo