Re: [AD] Finishing up 4.2 for RC1

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 22:25 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> I could probably manage to do a release this monday (the 8th), otherwise
> it'll be on the 15th.
> I'd like to make the first deadline, but I'm not sure it's realistic. I
> think there have been a few important fixes lately but it would be great
> if someone could go through the todo list and remove the items that have
> been resolved.
>

> - some remaining problem with keyboards in Windows
>   http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=484193
>   http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=493712
>
> Any thoughts?

I couldn't reproduce either, so this is no issue for 4.2.0. If problems
persist, we should switch to the WM_KEY driver - AJ uses it as well and
of course this is likely to work everywhere without problems. Can always
enable it for 4.2.1 without touching API or ABI compatibility.

> Was a patch for this, but I think it needs some tweaking still
>
> - improved demo
>
> Sitting on my harddisk for review (that is, Thomas Harte's demo); I'll
> upload it somewhere and send the link so everyone can check it out.
> It will want a good indent/sed session to make it follow Allegro's naming
> scheme.

So it is decided then to use it? Maybe post it on a.cc maybe (the only
competitor is the current demo anyway, spellcaster's definitely is too
late now i guess). And I can also work on the integration. We should put
it into CVS and into a release soon, so we won't ship a broken demo with
4.2.0.

--
Elias Pschernig