Re: [AD] File using int*_t types

On Sunday 07 August 2005 09:36, Hrvoje Ban wrote:
> Since allegro is now using (or guessing) int*_t typed I thought I might
be a
> good idea to use those for pack_get and put instead of int and long. I
would
> made patch myself but I don't have latest CVS (when using 4.2.0 b4 patch
> removes some unrelated code).

I personally think they should also be called something
pack_puti32/pack_puti16 etc. I think I made a proposal for this a while
back but we decided against it for 4.2 (don't remember why exactly). I
think we should switch to the int*_t types throughout the library
eventually, but starting here is probably sensible.
It won't make it into 4.2 though, just so you know.

> BTW: didn't wanted to bump other thread, but is my END_OF_MAIN idea
> discarded?

Did you submit a final proposal? I think the last one I saw was not tested
well enough and depended too much on compiler-specific assumptions,
besides looking more hackish than the current END_OF_MAIN(). But I also
only half followed how it was supposed to work, so maybe you should
explain (again) in some detail what it does exactly and what assumptions
it makes on the behavior of the compiler. How easy is it to disable main
mangling from user code, if that's what I want to do?
Either way, any patch for eliminating END_OF_MAIN() in Windows, though
something I really like to do, is too late for 4.2. As long as
END_OF_MAIN() remains nescessary on OS X, there also is little reason to
remove it, except if the resulting code is less hackish than the current
code.

Evert