Re: [AD] GIF patent / support

> point to (in the FAQ) and say, "just use that".  Matthew, didn't you say
> you had another addon?

Mine is here:

http://www.leverton.cc/files/mlgif.tar.gz

It has a simple method for loading a single (first frame) of a GIF
image that works via load_bitmap(). It also has an ugly GIF structure
of sorts (that holds frames, timings, and text blocks) that I never
cleaned up... It remaps transparency to index 0. There are no saving
capabilities, because I didn't finish LZW encoder.

My lib is actually separates LZW into its own module as opposed to
being integrated with the GIF load/save routines. This makes the whole
thing much more messy than a straight-up GIF lib and probably not the
best choice if you're looking for a simple addon. I wrote mine just to
learn a bit about compression schemes.

> Paul Bartrum's addon is badly written, but that's easily fixed.

I benchedmarked against his (I think) and mine was much faster.
However, my code is complete trash. ;)

--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.allegro.cc