Re: [AD] GIF patent / support

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
On 2004-09-20, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyway, I agree that the FAQ should be updated - by either
removing the entry or pointing to some GIF addons. I've got one
I made myself that can read GIFs and I've seen some other ones.

Proposed patch.

I think it'd be better to just remove the reference to it completely and not say anything about it. Because honestly, you can have GIF support that's good enough for most people with just a single file, no API change (besides an added load_gif function), and no extra dependancies. Trying to give a reason will end up being nothing more than a lazy excuse.

Besides, PNG is better.

- Kitty Cat