Re: [AD] allegro_message under X

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 10:15 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > I for one think, calling xmessage is not a problem. I already like how
> > the Allegro example popup all those windows now - even exfixed works
> > fine. And we have the same behavior now in windows and X11 - so I'd
> > see no problem just applying the patch (along with the one to hide the
> > window with GFX_TEXT).
>
> Personally, I think allegro_message() should write to the stderr
> stream, although I realize that this is a problem if stderr is not
> visible (as an aside, is anyone else annoyed by KDE applications
> printing warnings and error messages to the terminal while they are
> running?).
> I would prefer to keep the current behavior personally, so I'm going
> to provide the all-mighty compromise: can we make it a configure
> option?

I agree, a configure option (with default being the popup) would work:
KDE users, who surely never touch any config file, will get the popup
(they couldn't see stderr anyway). Other users are probably experienced
with modifying config files of programs they run - and can disable the
popups :)

--
Elias Pschernig