Re: [AD] allegro_message under X

> I'm having a look at that xmessage source you posted, removing as much
> unneeded stuff as possible. It works fine stand alone, but I don't know how
> to integrate it with allegro, as it creates a whole new "App" object, and I
> don't know what I'm doing :-) This also adds libXaw to the libraries allegro
> is linked to, but this might not be a problem.

Hm, libXaw.. sounds bad. I didn't actually look much at what it does,
I thought it simply opens a window and uses X11's native font
rendering to display text.

I for one think, calling xmessage is not a problem. I already like how
the Allegro example popup all those windows now - even exfixed works
fine. And we have the same behavior now in windows and X11 - so I'd
see no problem just applying the patch (along with the one to hide the
window with GFX_TEXT).